An African Culinary Adventure!
You’ve been reading about our African Culinary Adventure, now you enjoy a similar experience! The Wandering Gourmand is excited to help its readers and community members travel to South Africa and Namibia on a culinary and safari tour led by world renowned Chefs Sidney and Alison.
The tour begins in Cape Town, South Africa, where you’ll visit sights from the waterfront to Table Mountain and explore the prettiest wine lands in the world in Franschhoek and Stellenbosch. Next, the tour journeys to Namibia for a safari adventure where you’ll see wildlife in their natural settings at two different game reserves – Etosha National Park and AfriCat! From big cats to elephants to zebras and giraffes, you’ll know why this won’t be your last safari.
You’re in excellent hands (and will be well fed) with Sidney and Alison. Together, they will spoil you and help you explore the culture nuances of Africa through food and their firsthand knowledge of both countries. Sidney is a native of South Africa and both he and Alison have lived throughout both South Africa and Namibia.
The cooking power couple are also award-winning chefs with many years of international experience. Learning about their cooking career that extends across continents is half the fun. They’ve cooked for several dignitaries and celebrities including Queen Elizabeth II, The Duke of Edinburgh, Prince William, Richard Attenbourgh, Mick Jager, Madonna, Cher, Sylvester Stallone, U2, and Elizabeth Taylor. You are truly traveling with experts!
Get ready for an adventure you’ll never forget!
Currently, the following dates are open for an African Culinary Experience:
- October 20-29, 2015
- April 17-26, 2016
- November 4-13, 2016
For more information, please email me at email@example.com or call 704-726-9366. Please hurry though. These culinary tours do sell out!
Click here to view the full itinerary.
- Tour Price €3550.00
- Single Supplement €875.00
- 3 nights accommodations at Zevenwacht Wine Estate
- 3 nights accommodations in Etosha National Game Park
- 2 night2 accommodation in Okonjima Lodge
- 1 night accommodations at Daan Viljoen Game Park
- Arrival group transfer from Cape Town International Airport to Zevenwacht Wine Estate
- Departure group transfer to Namibia Airport
- Flight between Namibia and Cape Town
- Excursions and transportation per itinerary
- Wine tours and tastings per itinerary
- 1 mini safari at Daan Viljoen
- 1 game drive and 2 wildlife safaris in Etosha National Park
- 2 cooking classes with Alison and Sidney
- All breakfasts
- Meals per itinerary